Rainha Da Bateria displayed a dazzling turn of foot through the homestretch to win the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes (gr. IIIT) handily over the Keeneland turf Oct. 8, earning a Breeders' Cup slot.
Grade I winner Love and Pride was hammered down for $4.9 million at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November sale. Consigned by Three Chimneys Sales, agent, she was bought by Borges Torrealba Holdings.
Wealthy buyers' enthusiasm for the young and the beautiful fueled the market again during the second session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off