Rainha Da Bateria displayed a dazzling turn of foot through the homestretch to win the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes (gr. IIIT) handily over the Keeneland turf Oct. 8, earning a Breeders' Cup slot.
Grade I winner Love and Pride was hammered down for $4.9 million at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November sale. Consigned by Three Chimneys Sales, agent, she was bought by Borges Torrealba Holdings.
Wealthy buyers' enthusiasm for the young and the beautiful fueled the market again during the second session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Korean-Bred Not Just a Novelty at F-T Sale
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- HRRN On-Site for Haskell, Saratoga Stakes
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell