Under a business plan change at the farm, Three Chimneys will not offer a consignment at this year's Keeneland September yearling sale.
Three Chimneys Farm has secured a 50% interest in multiple grade I-winning 3-year-old Will Take Charge, this year's favorite for the Eclipse Award as 3-year-old male champion and also a Horse of the Year candidate.
Chris Baker has accepted the position of chief operating officer at Three Chimneys Farm, the Thoroughbred operation near Lexington announced Dec. 21.
Big purchases by Mandy Pope and Borges Torrealba help raise Fasig-Tipton November median and gross.
Borges Torrealba's $800,000 bid for a Smart Strike filly raised the roof at Fasig-Tipton's October yearling sale, which ended with big increases overall.
A half sister to champion and top sire Speightstown was purchased by Torrealba Holdings for $1,750,000 to light up the Keeneland sales ring early during the September yearling sale's third session Sept. 11.
A half sister to multiple graded-stakes winner Optimizer was sold for $1,225,000 to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga selected yearling sale Aug. 5.
Two-time grade I winner Pure Clan delivered a healthy filly by Bernardini Jan. 10 at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., and is scheduled to be bred to Tapit this year.
The Sanan family's Padua Stables has sold its 275-acre farm near Lexington to the Borges Torrealba family of Brazil for $8.8 million.
The Borges Torrealba family, among the leading buyers at the current Keeneland November breeding stock sale, has entered into a partnership with Three Chimneys Farm of Midway, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate