Heavy choice Tight Precision, closing fast on the outside, surged past Bootleg Annie and Pretty Unusual close to home to post her first stakes victory in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Filly & Mare Turf at Santa Anita.
Pretty Unusual, fresh off a stunning 29-1 upset in the El Encino Stakes (gr. II) two weeks ago, will try her luck on grass in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Filly & Mare Turf at Santa Anita Jan. 30.
Bold Chieftain became the first two-time winner of the 20-year-old California Cup Classic and went over $1 million in career earnings in a bittersweet victory at Oak Tree's Santa Anita meeting Oct. 3. Grazen, the 4-5 favorite, led the $196,000 race by one length in the final furlong but pulled up in distress and was removed from the course by van.
Compari posted a mild upset under Garrett Gomez in the $250,000 Snow Chief Stakes, but Rafael Bejarano stole the spotlight with a five-win afternoon on the 10th annual California Gold Rush program April 25 at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- CHRB Allows Miyadi to Continue Training