Champion Groupie Doll delivered her first foal on March 5, about a week before her original March 11 due date. The colt was rushed immediately to Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
The 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra continues to face her recovery from abdominal surgery as a result of foaling complications with the same courage and determination that made her a champion on the track.
Doctors at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington said Monday, Feb. 18, that 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra remains stable as she recovers from abdominal surgery performed Feb. 13 following foaling complications.
Doctors at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington reported Feb. 16 that 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra remained serious but stable as she continued to recover from foaling complications.
While showing signs of progress, Rachel Alexandra's condition remained serious at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital Feb. 15, following surgery to repair a section of her small colon injured in the foaling a filly.
Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra is battling infection as she tries to recover from surgery to treat a colon injury suffered while foaling a healthy Bernardini filly Feb. 12.
Equine herpesvirus type 1 (EHV-1) has been confirmed as the cause of illness in three Thoroughbreds that were stabled in a training barn at Turfway Park in Florence, Ky. Tuesday's announcement follows treatment and elimination of several EHV-1 outbreaks in Ohio and Pennsylvania since January.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Star Power - By Evan Hammonds
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017