Centralinteligence has a mind of his own, but when circumstances come up right, the son of Smarty Jones is dangerous carrying his speed, as foes may find out in Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile.
Centralinteligence could be bound for the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) after he swept past pacesetter Comma to the Top en route to his first stakes win June 29 in the Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Even though Iain Holmes didn't pioneer the concept of using a Thoroughbred racehorse's name to raise awareness for a cause, the fact he's used that platform to promote the act of saving lives via organ donations still deserves some accolades.
Symphony Sid turned Saturday's 38th running of Oak Tree's Carleton F. Burke Handicap (gr.IIIT) into a laugher on the Santa Anita Park grass, bringing an eight-race losing streak to an end in stakes-record time.
Most Popular Stories
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- NYRA Outlines Belmont Traffic-Flow Plan
- Trainer Baffert, on American Pharoah's Breeze
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76