Barry Schwartz's homebred The Lumber Guy rallies from just off the pace to win the six-furlong Vosburgh Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 29 at Belmont in his first start since mid-May.
The Lumber Guy enjoyed the cutback to a mile in the $200,000 Jerome (gr. II), as he fended off pressure all the way around the track to score by 2 3/4 lengths April 21 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
The Lumber Guy made his 2-5 odds look good when overcame a bobble at the start to post a 4 1/4-length victory in the $76,500 Miracle Wood Stakes at Laurel Park Feb. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Benzel to Handle de Sousa's Book in NY
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Promising Youth on Display in Futurity
- Half Sisters to Preakness Winners Race Sunday
- KY Downs Ready for Meet With Record Purses
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Ben's Cat Still After Third Turf Monster Win
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- CHRB Committee Advances New Lasix Proposal
- Dialed In Colt Leads Louisiana Yearling Sale