Barry Schwartz's homebred The Lumber Guy rallies from just off the pace to win the six-furlong Vosburgh Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 29 at Belmont in his first start since mid-May.
The Lumber Guy enjoyed the cutback to a mile in the $200,000 Jerome (gr. II), as he fended off pressure all the way around the track to score by 2 3/4 lengths April 21 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
The Lumber Guy made his 2-5 odds look good when overcame a bobble at the start to post a 4 1/4-length victory in the $76,500 Miracle Wood Stakes at Laurel Park Feb. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- FPD Begins Distribution of Liberty Cu Nails
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Industry Teams to Help Parkinson's Research
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner