Barry Schwartz's homebred The Lumber Guy rallies from just off the pace to win the six-furlong Vosburgh Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 29 at Belmont in his first start since mid-May.
The Lumber Guy enjoyed the cutback to a mile in the $200,000 Jerome (gr. II), as he fended off pressure all the way around the track to score by 2 3/4 lengths April 21 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
The Lumber Guy made his 2-5 odds look good when overcame a bobble at the start to post a 4 1/4-length victory in the $76,500 Miracle Wood Stakes at Laurel Park Feb. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Concert Added to Black-Eyed Susan Day Lineup
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements