The millionaire and grade I-winning son of Bold Ruckus was euthanized July 25 due to the infirmities of old age.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Into Mischief closed out 2012 as the third leading freshman sire, following late-season stakes wins by his sons Goldencents, Vyjack, and Sittin At the Bar.
Racegoers might get a sense of deja vu when the field heads postward for the $100,000 Kenny Noe Jr. Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Race Course Dec. 15. Many of the runners in the seven-furlong event have faced each other before, sometimes with very close results.
Celebrating its 30th anniversary, the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame announced its 2006 inductees Tuesday, headlined by the late Steve Stavro in the Builders' category.
Last year, jockey Dino Luciani wondered aloud if Krz Ruckus was getting enough respect. After his performance in Saturday's $108,000 Briartic Stakes at Woodbine, that shouldn't be an issue.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win