Splash of Vanilla, believed to be the first Palomino Thoroughbred entered in a Keeneland auction, arrived on the sale grounds in Lexington Jan. 15 around noon and then settled down in Barn 24. The 2-year-old filly is scheduled to be offered as Hip. No. 2176 during the Jan. 17 final session of Keeneland's horses of all ages sale.
Despite struggling in his last two starts, Lava Man seems a clear standout against fellow state-breds in Oak Tree's $250,000 California Cup Classic presented by Smith Barney at Santa Anita Nov. 3.
Under a patient ride from Patrick Valenzuela, odds-on choice Proudinsky seized the lead at the eighth pole and drew away in the final strides to win the $100,000 Bay Meadows Derby (gr. IIIT) on the lawn Sunday.
Cause to Believe lived up to his name with a come-from-behind victory in Sunday's $250,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Bay Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm