Splash of Vanilla, believed to be the first Palomino Thoroughbred entered in a Keeneland auction, arrived on the sale grounds in Lexington Jan. 15 around noon and then settled down in Barn 24. The 2-year-old filly is scheduled to be offered as Hip. No. 2176 during the Jan. 17 final session of Keeneland's horses of all ages sale.
Despite struggling in his last two starts, Lava Man seems a clear standout against fellow state-breds in Oak Tree's $250,000 California Cup Classic presented by Smith Barney at Santa Anita Nov. 3.
Under a patient ride from Patrick Valenzuela, odds-on choice Proudinsky seized the lead at the eighth pole and drew away in the final strides to win the $100,000 Bay Meadows Derby (gr. IIIT) on the lawn Sunday.
Cause to Believe lived up to his name with a come-from-behind victory in Sunday's $250,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Bay Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet