A pair of position papers released by the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium find no physiologic difference in various racing breeds to justify changes to its regulatory thresholds for clenbuterol and corticosteroids.
The RMTC will recommend the anabolic steroid stanozolol, currently permitted for therapeutic use up to 30 days prior to racing, be eliminated from the list of substances with a recommended threshold level.
A recommendation to lower the recommended threshold for phenylbutazone will be considered by the Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Most Popular Stories
- Gunnevera Draws Outside for Florida Derby
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination
- Kentucky Horse Park to Celebrate Man 'o War
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch