A pair of position papers released by the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium find no physiologic difference in various racing breeds to justify changes to its regulatory thresholds for clenbuterol and corticosteroids.
The RMTC will recommend the anabolic steroid stanozolol, currently permitted for therapeutic use up to 30 days prior to racing, be eliminated from the list of substances with a recommended threshold level.
A recommendation to lower the recommended threshold for phenylbutazone will be considered by the Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Welfare and Safety Summit Set for June 28
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector