A pair of position papers released by the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium find no physiologic difference in various racing breeds to justify changes to its regulatory thresholds for clenbuterol and corticosteroids.
The RMTC will recommend the anabolic steroid stanozolol, currently permitted for therapeutic use up to 30 days prior to racing, be eliminated from the list of substances with a recommended threshold level.
A recommendation to lower the recommended threshold for phenylbutazone will be considered by the Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Most Popular Stories
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Williamson Joins American Horse Council Staff
- Inglis Reports Productive Four-Day Auction
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star