A pair of position papers released by the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium find no physiologic difference in various racing breeds to justify changes to its regulatory thresholds for clenbuterol and corticosteroids.
The RMTC will recommend the anabolic steroid stanozolol, currently permitted for therapeutic use up to 30 days prior to racing, be eliminated from the list of substances with a recommended threshold level.
A recommendation to lower the recommended threshold for phenylbutazone will be considered by the Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby