A pair of position papers released by the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium find no physiologic difference in various racing breeds to justify changes to its regulatory thresholds for clenbuterol and corticosteroids.
The RMTC will recommend the anabolic steroid stanozolol, currently permitted for therapeutic use up to 30 days prior to racing, be eliminated from the list of substances with a recommended threshold level.
A recommendation to lower the recommended threshold for phenylbutazone will be considered by the Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- The Week in Photos for 7/28/2015
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- Steps Toward Integrity
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ