A pair of position papers released by the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium find no physiologic difference in various racing breeds to justify changes to its regulatory thresholds for clenbuterol and corticosteroids.
The RMTC will recommend the anabolic steroid stanozolol, currently permitted for therapeutic use up to 30 days prior to racing, be eliminated from the list of substances with a recommended threshold level.
A recommendation to lower the recommended threshold for phenylbutazone will be considered by the Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Most Popular Stories
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Extra Two Days Approved for Oaklawn Season
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Pride of Dubai Wins Blue Diamond Thriller
- Shamal Wind, Suavito Sprint to Caulfield Wins
- Another Chapter for John Nerud
- Oaklawn Park Cancels Feb. 28 Racing
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel