Trainer Chris Waller's star sprinter-miler Boban dug down in the closing stages and prevailed in a tight three-horse finish in the New Zealand Bloodstock Memsie Stakes (Aus-I) Aug. 29 at Caulfield.
Boban unleashed his trademark finishing kick, and just edged Charlie Boy and Generalife, in a thrilling finish in the Doomben 10,000 (Aus-I) May 23.
Shamus Award tried for the seemingly impossible in the Aus$1million Australian Cup (Aus-I) March 8 at Flemington. He led nearly all the way, but then wilted late as Fiorente proved himself the nation's best horse.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES
Bernardini's first Australian crop has produced not only multiple group I winner Boban, but also four-time group scorer Toydini and stakes winners Meidung and Solemn.
Boban captured the Emirates Stakes (Aus-I) and fan favorite Buffering took the VRC Sprint Classic (Aus-I) Nov. 9, the final day of the Melbourne Cup Carnival at Flemington.
Trainer Chris Waller notched a third group I win this season when Boban stormed on the outside from the back of the field to edge favorite Streama in the Star Epsom (Aus-I) Oct. 5 at Royal Randwick.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx