Karen and Mickey Taylor's homebred Slew's Saga destroyed a field of Canadian-foaled 2-year-olds Sunday at Woodbine, taking the $250,000 Cup and Saucer Stakes by a widening 9 3/4 lengths.
Winter Garden spotted her elders weight in Sunday's $164,400 Bessarabian Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine, but once again, she was simply the best.
Frank DiGiulio Jr.'s homebred Brass in Pocket staked her claim as the best filly or mare on the Woodbine grounds and a possible year-end Sovereign Award with a gutsy front-running victory in the $173,375 Seaway Stakes Sunday.
As he proved last year, the odds are often in trainer Bob Tiller's favor whenever the gates open. But in Sunday's $133,875 Jacques Cartier Stakes at Woodbine, the trainer has his rivals surrounded.
Bruno Schickedanz' Wake At Noon has been assigned top weight of 126 pounds for Sunday's $159,300 Highlander Stakes (gr. III), one of the co-features on Canadian International day at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course