Transylvania University in Lexington will name one of its three new residence halls after former Keeneland president and Thoroughbred industry leader James E. "Ted" Bassett III.
Gagliano has been the president and chief operating officer of The Jockey Club, the breed registry for all Thoroughbred horses in North America, since Jan. 1, 2010.
John Ferguson, the bloodstock manager for Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed, has joined the British Racing School's board of trustees, it was announced recently in England. The board has 12 members.
During April 10 meeting in Lexington, TOBA board of trustee members discussed other ways owners can be involved in ending race-day medication use.
Marla Bickel, Janet Landry, and Ellen Kiser were elected as officers of Blood-Horse Publications by the company's board of trustees at their annual summer meeting last week in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association announced Friday the election of Gary Biszantz as chairman of its board of trustees. Joining Biszantz on the board for three-year terms as new members will be John Amerman, John Ed Anthony, Cot Campbell, Bob Courtney Jr., Willian Heiligbrodt, R.D. Hubbard, Eugene Melnyk, Debby Oxley, George Strawbridge, Kenny Trout, Tom Van Meter, and Charlotte Weber.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- CHRB Allows Miyadi to Continue Training