Ultra Blend, an ultra-consistent California-bred 5-year-old mare, became a grade I winner with a hard-fought neck victory over Zazu in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes at Del Mar.
Stewards disqualified even-money choice St Trinians from a 1 1/4-length victory for interference in the stretch run of the $150,000 Milady Handicap (gr. II), making 8-1 shot Ultra Blend the winner at Hollywood Park May 21.
Graded stakes winner Highland Gold has been purchased by BnD Chase Thoroughbreds from George Todaro and trainer Jerry Hollendorfer and will stand at Ken Arnold Ranch near Stockton, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury