Ultra Blend, an ultra-consistent California-bred 5-year-old mare, became a grade I winner with a hard-fought neck victory over Zazu in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes at Del Mar.
Stewards disqualified even-money choice St Trinians from a 1 1/4-length victory for interference in the stretch run of the $150,000 Milady Handicap (gr. II), making 8-1 shot Ultra Blend the winner at Hollywood Park May 21.
Graded stakes winner Highland Gold has been purchased by BnD Chase Thoroughbreds from George Todaro and trainer Jerry Hollendorfer and will stand at Ken Arnold Ranch near Stockton, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup