Ultra Blend, an ultra-consistent California-bred 5-year-old mare, became a grade I winner with a hard-fought neck victory over Zazu in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes at Del Mar.
Stewards disqualified even-money choice St Trinians from a 1 1/4-length victory for interference in the stretch run of the $150,000 Milady Handicap (gr. II), making 8-1 shot Ultra Blend the winner at Hollywood Park May 21.
Graded stakes winner Highland Gold has been purchased by BnD Chase Thoroughbreds from George Todaro and trainer Jerry Hollendorfer and will stand at Ken Arnold Ranch near Stockton, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- HRRN Set for Dubai, Gulfstream Coverage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners