The only stakes on the May 3 card to draw a maximum 14-horse field was not the Kentucky Oaks. It was another race for 3-year-old fillies, the Eight Belles Presented by Xerox (gr. III), with undefeated Calistoga favored.
Blueeyesintherein kept her young record a perfect two-for-two when she won the $112,200 Debutante Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs June 23, giving trainer Gary Simms a second consecutive Debutante score.
Blueeyesintherein, by Magna Graduate, appears to be a chip off the old block. The juvenile filly broke her maiden at first asking at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga