Maybe Discreet made a gleaming impression in her debut at the group I level April 27 at Morphettville, scoring a convincing 2 1/2-length triumph in the AUS$400,000 Schweppes Australasian Oaks (Aus-I).
Irish-bred Macaw drew in from the also-eligible list for Keeneland's Fifth Third Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIIT) with the scratch of morning line favorite Magistretti, then looped the entire field to win Friday's $200,000 closing-day feature by 2 1/2 lengths.
Storm Bird, a European champion who sired the great Storm Cat, was euthanized the night of Dec. 3 following a bout with colic at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
Coolmore stallion Bluebird, a Kentucky-bred champion son of Storm Bird who sired 74 stakes winners, has been retired from stallion duty at Castle Hyde Stud in County Cork in Ireland.
A great granddaughter of legendary broodmare Height Of Fashion led the way at the fourth and penultimate session of Goffs' Orby Sale in County Kildare, Ireland, on Thursday .
Most Popular Stories
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby