Maybe Discreet made a gleaming impression in her debut at the group I level April 27 at Morphettville, scoring a convincing 2 1/2-length triumph in the AUS$400,000 Schweppes Australasian Oaks (Aus-I).
Irish-bred Macaw drew in from the also-eligible list for Keeneland's Fifth Third Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIIT) with the scratch of morning line favorite Magistretti, then looped the entire field to win Friday's $200,000 closing-day feature by 2 1/2 lengths.
Storm Bird, a European champion who sired the great Storm Cat, was euthanized the night of Dec. 3 following a bout with colic at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
Coolmore stallion Bluebird, a Kentucky-bred champion son of Storm Bird who sired 74 stakes winners, has been retired from stallion duty at Castle Hyde Stud in County Cork in Ireland.
A great granddaughter of legendary broodmare Height Of Fashion led the way at the fourth and penultimate session of Goffs' Orby Sale in County Kildare, Ireland, on Thursday .
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey