The Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s April spring 2-year-olds in training sale lost some of its star power during the April 22 closing session when Hip 1102, a striking Tapit colt, was a late withdrawal.
Dynamic Impact continued trainer Mark Casse's big spring April 19, edging 2-5 favorite Midnight Hawk by the narrowest of noses in the $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. II) at Hawthorne Race Course.
Agent Steven W. Young went to $235,000 to acquire a Speightstown colt to top the early portion of the October 21 session of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale.
Irish-bred grade III winner Oregon Lady, a daughter of Shamardal, fetched the second-highest price of the day thus far at the Jan. 8 session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when she was bought for $475,000.
Graded stakes winner Now I Know, who was retired in mid-February after fracturing her left front knee, has been purchased privately by Bonnie Baskin to become a broodmare.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- America's Galileo
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream