Lenny Shulman reflects on Allen Jerkens, California Chrome, and talks with bloodstock agent Donato Lanni. Lanni, who was buying agent for Dortmund, explains what he looks for at sales. Presented by Hill 'n' Dale Stallions watch video
Richard "Dick" Lossen, well-known bloodstock agent, died Feb. 3, in Lexington. He was 76. Lossen spent more than 40 years as an owner, breeder, adviser, and agent.
- By Eric Mitchell
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky
Highly respected bloodstock agent Baden P. "Buzz" Chace, 72, died Aug. 18 after a short battle with brain cancer. He had been diagnosed with cancer a month ago.
Larry Zap provides some insight on the yearling market at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July sale July 10.
Everyone has a niche, but Bradley sells horses, seasons; plans matings; pinhooks...and puts together partnerships read blog
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- The Jockey Club of England apparently is poised to clamp down on the fleecing of horse owners by banning agents and trainers found to be in serious violation of an industry code of ethics from the country's 59 racecourses.
Hall of Fame jockey Eddie Delahoussaye, who retired on Jan.13 due to injuries suffered in a spill at Del Mar last Aug. 30, was a visitor Wednesday at Santa Anita where he said he has embarked on a career as a bloodstock agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win