Trainer Mike Puype knew Turbulent Descent was going to be leaving his barn eventually, but the recent sale of the three-time grade I winning filly to Coolmore Racing still stings.
Making her first start of 2012, Turbulent Descent remained undefeated at Betfair Hollywood Park with a victory in the $72,570 Desert Stormer Handicap June 17.
Turbulent Descent keeps rising for Blinkers On Racing Stable read blog
Turbulent Descent flashed her true ability when she ran away from the field in the $250,000 Test Stakes as the 9-10 favorite at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 6.
Turbulent Descent, who lost a decision to Zazu in last month's Las Virgenes Stakes (gr. I), turned the tables on her rival with a neck victory as the even-money favorite in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) March 5.
A stylish debut winner Oct. 3, Turbulent Descent was even more impressive Nov. 21 at Hollywood Park, toying with her five opponents in the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- CHRB Allows Miyadi to Continue Training