Trainer Mike Puype knew Turbulent Descent was going to be leaving his barn eventually, but the recent sale of the three-time grade I winning filly to Coolmore Racing still stings.
Making her first start of 2012, Turbulent Descent remained undefeated at Betfair Hollywood Park with a victory in the $72,570 Desert Stormer Handicap June 17.
Turbulent Descent keeps rising for Blinkers On Racing Stable read blog
Turbulent Descent flashed her true ability when she ran away from the field in the $250,000 Test Stakes as the 9-10 favorite at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 6.
Turbulent Descent, who lost a decision to Zazu in last month's Las Virgenes Stakes (gr. I), turned the tables on her rival with a neck victory as the even-money favorite in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) March 5.
A stylish debut winner Oct. 3, Turbulent Descent was even more impressive Nov. 21 at Hollywood Park, toying with her five opponents in the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Purely a Dream Leads Bourbonette Exacta for McPeek
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate