As a breeder, how then do we stack the deck heavy? Female family inbreeding (FFI) offers a statistically significant improvement over other techniques for breeding champions.
Turbulent Descent, a grade I winner at 2 through 4, has been retired from racing to become a broodmare at John Magnier and partners' Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
The prices at the first session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s 2012 June sale of 2-year-olds and horses of racing age June 19 helped make for some good times.
Heavily favored Turbulent Descent dominated her five rivals in the $150,000 Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) before 18,873 at Keeneland April 17, winning by five lengths.
Comma to the Top, who won three stakes on two surfaces, including the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (gr. I), was voted Horse of the Meet in the annual media poll as the autumn meet concluded Sunday.
Undefeated Turbulent Descent passed her first distance test with relative ease when she took command in the stretch and held sway to win the $409,250 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) by 1 1/4 lengths Dec. 11 at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown