Mine That Bird, the 2008 Canadian champion 2-year-old male, worked five furlongs in 1:02 April 27 at Churchill Downs in preparation for the May 2 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
The first reported foal by Great Pyramid is a filly born Feb. 12 at William F. and Annabel Murphy's Elangeni Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Bruce Lunsford's millionaire Madcap Escapade, the brilliantly fast winner of the $500,000-added Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. II) in Calder Race Course's "Summit of Speed" in her most recent start, has been retired from racing after suffering a leg injury.
The New Mexico Gaming Control Board recommended against renewing R.D. Hubbard's gaming license to operate Ruidoso Downs during a meeting on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start