Millionaire Supah Blitz, who won the Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) in May in what turned out to be his final start, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Jim and Sheila DiMare's Rising Hill Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Races can hardly come any closer than Monday's featured event in the Texas Million series -- the $300,000 Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) -- where four noses hit the wire together. After the dust had cleared, Supah Blitz was declared the winner and 11-10 favorite Lion Tamer was off the board.
Favored Supah Blitz won the $106,000 Tokyo City Handicap (gr. III) for older horses Saturday at Santa Anita Park, giving trainer Doug O'Neill his ninth stakes win of the meet and record 49th overall win.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Itsmyluckyday Heads Best of the Rest Stakes
- Baffert Duo Has Derby Trial as Backup Plan
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Spring in the Air Back to Sprint in Whimsical
- Summer Hit Tops Hollendorfer Trio in SF Mile
- CDI Reports Slight First Quarter Loss
- Cooler Temps Forecast for Derby Week
- Taptowne Looks for Breakthrough in Texas Mile