Favored Black Hills closed stoutly from the rear of the pack on the final turn and romped to a five-length victory in the $100,000 Sunland Park Handicap in New Mexico April 17.
The question of which state will win the $500,000 Sunshine Millions Classic is moot this year as all 10 entrants were bred in Florida.
Black Hills altered course inwardly at the sixteenth pole and swept to victory in the $200,000 Zia Park Distance Championship Handicap Dec. 6 in Hobbs, N.M.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase