Black Hawk Stable's Alsvid successfully defended his title in the $100,000 Aristides Stakes (gr. III) June 4 at Churchill Downs and snapped an 11-race winless streak in the process.
Alsvid carried on with his winning ways May 30 at Churchill Downs, upsetting the season debut of Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Work All Week in the $100,000 Aristides Stakes (gr. I).
Alsvid provided Hartman with his most lucrative career victory in the Count Fleet and headlines what the trainer calls his strongest stable to date. He will move to Churchill Downs for the first time during its upcoming meet.
Ted's Folly, the only Oklahoma-bred in the field of 2-year-olds for the $315,000 Remington Springboard Mile, finished with a rush to post his sixth consecutive victory on closing night at Remington Park Dec. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program