Lakeside Farm's Colonial Colony, upset winner of the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill Downs in June, tuned up for an expected bid for the $500,000-added Clark Handicap (gr. II) with a six-furlong breeze on Friday at Churchill Downs.
Perfect Drift, who turned in a dynamite second-place performance in the Whitney Handicap (gr. I) at Saratoga last weekend, could be headed for the $1 million Pacific Classic (gr. I) Aug. 22 at Del Mar, too.
Lakeside Stable's Colonial Colony, the upset winner over an elite field in the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) June 12 at Churchill Downs, will make his next start at Iowa's Prairie Meadows.
Lakeside Farm's Colonial Colony was reported to be doing well on the day after he shook the racing world with his stunning upset of favored Southern Image and an elite field in the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) June 12 at Churchill Downs, but his trainer is worn out.
Colonial Colony, the longest shot in the field at odds of 62-1 with 12 losses in a row, prevailed in a thrilling stretch drive with favored Southern Image to capture the $810,750 Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) by a nose Saturday at Churchill Downs on a sloppy track.
Majestic Thief nosed out favored Skate Away to win the $50,000 Mardi Gras Handicap, the annual "Fat Tuesday" feature at Fair Grounds in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes