The Thoroughbred Owners of California membership has elected Jim Cahill to its board of directors and re-elected five incumbents: Mark Dedomenico, Mike Harrington, Terry Lovingier, Jack Owens, and Bill Strauss.
The board of directors of the Thoroughbred Owners of California unanimously voted to appoint owner William Strauss to fill a vacancy on the board created by the recent resignation of Dennis Cardoza.
Mizdirection defended her title in the $1 million GEICO Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) on Nov. 2 at Santa Anita Park, taking down Reneesgotzip and Tightend Touchdown with a brilliant stretch run.
Mizdirection tuned up for the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) with a sparkling five furlongs in :57 4/5 Oct. 25 at Santa Anita Park with Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith in the irons.
Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) victress Mizdirection returned to the Santa Anita Park lawn with a four-furlong breeze Sept. 20, her second since a brief respite and first since going three furlongs on the Del Mar turf.
Turbulent Descent, who lost a decision to Zazu in last month's Las Virgenes Stakes (gr. I), turned the tables on her rival with a neck victory as the even-money favorite in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) March 5.
A stylish debut winner Oct. 3, Turbulent Descent was even more impressive Nov. 21 at Hollywood Park, toying with her five opponents in the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Kettle Corn Gets First Winner at Belterra