Castleton Lyons has announced that entries are now being accepted for the eighth annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award, a competition recognizing excellence in writing in the Thoroughbred industry.
Racing participants and Turf writers were honored by the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters during the organization's awards banquet Oct. 31 at Santa Anita Park.
Former Keeneland president Ted Bassett will sign his new autobiography at the track this weekend.
The vocation "author" can now be added to the resume of James E. "Ted" Bassett III, who served Keeneland for more than 40 years as president, chairman of the board, and trustee.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) today announced that Bill Mooney, longtime Thoroughbred racing writer and historian, has won the 2007 Media Eclipse Award.
Saratoga Notebook: Record Discrepancy; Ashado, Daydreaming Point to Frizette; Volponi Trainer Checking Figures; Man From Wicklow Mending; Mariensky Sore; Possibility Abounds
After some additional research into the records was done by journalist Bill Mooney, it appears likely that trainer Todd Pletcher smashed the 49-year-old Saratoga standard for victories quite a bit earlier than first thought.
Most Popular Stories
- Extra Two Days Approved for Oaklawn Season
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Shamal Wind, Suavito Sprint to Caulfield Wins
- Pride of Dubai Wins Blue Diamond Thriller
- Another Chapter for John Nerud
- Oaklawn Park Cancels Feb. 28 Racing
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel