For much of the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training April 5, it looked as though no horse would push past the six-figure mark. But in the final minutes, a Flashy Bull filly brought $170,000.
A triumph by the powerhouse Mr. Nightlinger in the $1-million Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint Oct. 25 would be tantamount to a Hollywood ending for a couple fond of naming their horses after movie characters.
The speedy River's Prayer turned back favored Indian Flare in the stretch run to earn her first graded stakes win in Sunday's Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) for older fillies and mares on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista