For much of the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training April 5, it looked as though no horse would push past the six-figure mark. But in the final minutes, a Flashy Bull filly brought $170,000.
A triumph by the powerhouse Mr. Nightlinger in the $1-million Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint Oct. 25 would be tantamount to a Hollywood ending for a couple fond of naming their horses after movie characters.
The speedy River's Prayer turned back favored Indian Flare in the stretch run to earn her first graded stakes win in Sunday's Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) for older fillies and mares on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady