For much of the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training April 5, it looked as though no horse would push past the six-figure mark. But in the final minutes, a Flashy Bull filly brought $170,000.
A triumph by the powerhouse Mr. Nightlinger in the $1-million Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint Oct. 25 would be tantamount to a Hollywood ending for a couple fond of naming their horses after movie characters.
The speedy River's Prayer turned back favored Indian Flare in the stretch run to earn her first graded stakes win in Sunday's Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) for older fillies and mares on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Connections of Uncle Lino, Laoban Regroup
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness
- Young Buys Malibu Moon Filly for $500,000
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Sells for $600,000
- Medaglia d’Oro Colt Tops F-T Midlantic Opener
- The Ex Terminator