Everything has to fall into place for a top horse to sell well at Saratoga.
Graves is the vice president of recruiting and selections; Welker is the vice president of sales.
Kentucky Derby-winning trainer Michael Matz, Keeneland sales inspector Ryan Mahan, Fasig-Tipton sales inspector Bill Graves, and noted bloodstock agent Buzz Chace share their knowledge and guiding principles when it comes to analyzing conformation in Conformation for Performance, a DVD released by Blood-Horse Publications.
Novice and experienced horsemen alike can now gain invaluable insight into how the experts judge a young horse's athletic potential with the release of Conformation for Performance. The DVD is an hour-long, step-by-step guide for assessing conformation.
There's a lot of momentum going into the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling auction, which starts its two-night run Tuesday in upstate New York.
Fasig-Tipton has a new walking ring at its sale grounds in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
The summer yearling sale season kicked off Wednesday with the Fasig-Tipton sale in Lexington, Ky. Buyers, sellers, and sales company officials offered the following observations.
Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's July select yearling sale faces hurdles in trying to continue last year's success when Its average price of $96,671 increased by 26% from 2000, and reached its highest point since 1984.
Fasig-Tipton has catalogued a record high of 604 yearlings for its Kentucky summer select sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat