Former President Bill Clinton says I'll Have Another has a "good chance" to win the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) June 9 and become racing's first Triple Crown winner in 34 years.
Trainer Cole Norman is awaiting formal sentencing in Garland County Circuit Court after a jury recommended he serve six years in the Arkansas Department of Corrections and be fined $5,000 for his involvement in a fatal automobile accident in February 2007.
Former President Bill Clinton, among those packed into Pimlico's Turf Club on Preakness Day, predicted New York-bred Funny Cide, winner of the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), would also win the Visa Triple Crown's second jewel.
Former president Bill Clinton and golf pro John Daly were among those invited to a charity golf tournament Monday at Magna Golf, a private course owned by Magna International in Aurora, Ontario, Canada. The Globe and Mail of Toronto reported that money raised during the tournament would go to Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Without question, the presence of Bill and Hillary Clinton added a significant buzz to the Belmont.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby