A colt from the first crop of group III winner Swiss Spirit topped opening day of the Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 24, when selling for 33,000 guineas (US$52,262).
Australian buyers landed the two highest-priced horses on day two of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale Oct. 27, with three-time winner Pilote d'Essai the top seller at 230,000 guineas (US$369,725).
Trading was robust at the second session of the Tattersalls July sale July 10 as both total revenue and median rose by double-digit percentage points while 95% of the horses offered were sold.
Night Visit, dam of 2013 Irish Derby (Ire-I) winner Trading Leather, sold to agent Hubie De Burgh for 975,000 ($1,333,819 in United States funds) to top Goffs February sale on closing day Feb. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- McCraken Still Atop NTRA 3-Year-Old Poll
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset