A field of eight 3-year-olds who swerved off the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) trail at some point will battle it out Saturday in the $150,000 Withers Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Aqueduct's Thanksgiving Day card was canceled following the second race at approximately 12:25 p.m. Thursday because of the condition of the main track.
Aqueduct Racetrack will offer 31 graded stakes worth $3.675 million during its 43-day fall meet, which begins Oct. 27 and runs through Dec. 31.
Spring has officially sprung as the first New York turf stakes of the season will be run Saturday, April 24 at the Big A.
Aqueduct will offer free general admission and free general parking beginning Jan. 2 through the close of the 2004 winter meet March 7.
Aqueduct is gearing up for its 2004 Winter/Spring meeting, which opens Jan. 1. The 49-day Winter Meet will run through March 7, followed by the 38-day Spring Meet from March 10-May 2.
Fans making their way to Aqueduct for the Oct. 29 opening day of the fall meeting will see some changes at the racetrack. Construction has changed access and the entrances to some areas, but live racing will continue through Dec. 31.
Atelier, a solid fourth last out in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), will carry high weight into the grade II, $150,000 Top Flight Handicap Friday at Aqueduct. A good field of nine will face the starter.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered