Special Rate finished strong to capture Tuesday's third running of the $93,450 Bien Bien Stakes for 3-year olds by a nose in Hollywood Park's opening day feature.
Hollywood Park will open its Autumn Meet on Nov. 11. The 30-day meet will feature a stakes schedule worth $3.6-million which will be spread out over 14 graded races, including five grade I events.
Although victorious in his only previous start over Hollywood Park's turf course, Music's Storm attracted little attention before posting a 24-1 upset in Wednesday's $73,450 Bien Bien Stakes, the opening-day feature of the track's 35-day Autumn Meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones