Special Rate finished strong to capture Tuesday's third running of the $93,450 Bien Bien Stakes for 3-year olds by a nose in Hollywood Park's opening day feature.
Hollywood Park will open its Autumn Meet on Nov. 11. The 30-day meet will feature a stakes schedule worth $3.6-million which will be spread out over 14 graded races, including five grade I events.
Although victorious in his only previous start over Hollywood Park's turf course, Music's Storm attracted little attention before posting a 24-1 upset in Wednesday's $73,450 Bien Bien Stakes, the opening-day feature of the track's 35-day Autumn Meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Emerald Downs Seeks New Track Announcer
- Baffert Weighing Bayern's Derby Week Options
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Move
- Kentucky Derby: Simon Callaghan & Firing Line
- Criterion, Red Cadeaux Set for Rematch in HK
- International Star Stays Home for Final Work