Special Rate finished strong to capture Tuesday's third running of the $93,450 Bien Bien Stakes for 3-year olds by a nose in Hollywood Park's opening day feature.
Hollywood Park will open its Autumn Meet on Nov. 11. The 30-day meet will feature a stakes schedule worth $3.6-million which will be spread out over 14 graded races, including five grade I events.
Although victorious in his only previous start over Hollywood Park's turf course, Music's Storm attracted little attention before posting a 24-1 upset in Wednesday's $73,450 Bien Bien Stakes, the opening-day feature of the track's 35-day Autumn Meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent