Special Rate finished strong to capture Tuesday's third running of the $93,450 Bien Bien Stakes for 3-year olds by a nose in Hollywood Park's opening day feature.
Hollywood Park will open its Autumn Meet on Nov. 11. The 30-day meet will feature a stakes schedule worth $3.6-million which will be spread out over 14 graded races, including five grade I events.
Although victorious in his only previous start over Hollywood Park's turf course, Music's Storm attracted little attention before posting a 24-1 upset in Wednesday's $73,450 Bien Bien Stakes, the opening-day feature of the track's 35-day Autumn Meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win