A Malibu Moon filly, who likely could have been in the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale had she not been dealt a setback, is the most expensive previously sold yearling in the upcoming Fasig-Tipton October sale in Lexington.
Rontos Racing Stable's Social Inclusion has been retired, according to owner Ron Sanchez. Stud plans are pending for the Pioneerof the Nile colt, who was graded stakes-placed on three occasions in 2014.
Iowa-based Dennis Albaugh, through Kempton Bloodstock's Steve Castagnola, went to $485,000 to secure a Mineshaft colt Sept. 19, topping to that point the fifth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
The Keeneland September yearling sale's 10th session saw gains in gross and average, with a steady median, while cumulative average and median on pace to end higher than last season's comparable session.
The 12-day Keeneland September yearling sale continued to show strength at the top Sept. 17 as it rolled through its eighth day at a session that seemed to gain strength as it went.
Trainer Bob Baffert describes Executiveprivilege as "pretty special" and it was easy to see why after her impressive 3 1/4-length tally in the $150,000 Landaluce Stakes at Betfair Hollywood Park July 14.
It did not take long for the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale to reach the seven-figure mark, with Mandy Pope paying $1 million for a gray/roan filly by Unbridled's Song out of Silvery Swan.
Grosse Pointe Anne, a half sister to Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Uncle Mo was sold for $400,000 to top the Nov. 12 session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup