The Keeneland September yearling sale's 10th session saw gains in gross and average, with a steady median, while cumulative average and median on pace to end higher than last season's comparable session.
The 12-day Keeneland September yearling sale continued to show strength at the top Sept. 17 as it rolled through its eighth day at a session that seemed to gain strength as it went.
Trainer Bob Baffert describes Executiveprivilege as "pretty special" and it was easy to see why after her impressive 3 1/4-length tally in the $150,000 Landaluce Stakes at Betfair Hollywood Park July 14.
It did not take long for the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale to reach the seven-figure mark, with Mandy Pope paying $1 million for a gray/roan filly by Unbridled's Song out of Silvery Swan.
Grosse Pointe Anne, a half sister to Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Uncle Mo was sold for $400,000 to top the Nov. 12 session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Keen Ice Improved Since Belmont Stakes Run
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Legatissimo Strikes for Stylish Nassau Win
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- TimeformUS Stakes Preview
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers