Behind a strong quarter that saw 17% revenue growth at its New Jersey online casino, compared with the same quarter a year ago, Betfair reports a 25% revenue growth in its U.S. operations for the three months ended Jan. 31.
TVG Network and the New York Racing Association announced July 15 a multi-year extension of their agreement for TVG to televise, stream, and accept wagers on live horse races from NYRA tracks.
Betfair Group on May 14 announced the appointment of Kip Levin as the new chief executive officer of its U.S. businesses comprising TVG and Betfair Casino.
TVG will broadcast exclusive live coverage of the 39th annual Eclipse Awards from the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, California on January 18.
Illinois gambling patrons in Illinois will now have the opportunity of placing their bets online, as Gov. Pat Quinn approved a bill Aug. 26 legalizing online wagering on horse racing.
The California Horse Racing Board got a bit of good news March 19 when the president of Hollywood Park assured commissioners that it would run its 2009 fall/winter meet as planned. The board also received an update on bankruptcy developments from Magna Entertainment Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Power Alert Seeks Riches at Evangeline Downs
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Gulfstream, HBPA Hope to Bolster Summer Meets
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian