In its fiscal year financials filed June 17, parent company Betfair reported a strong year for its U.S. advance deposit wagering operation and racing channel, TVG.
Behind a strong quarter that saw 17% revenue growth at its New Jersey online casino, compared with the same quarter a year ago, Betfair reports a 25% revenue growth in its U.S. operations for the three months ended Jan. 31.
TVG Network and the New York Racing Association announced July 15 a multi-year extension of their agreement for TVG to televise, stream, and accept wagers on live horse races from NYRA tracks.
Betfair Group on May 14 announced the appointment of Kip Levin as the new chief executive officer of its U.S. businesses comprising TVG and Betfair Casino.
TVG will broadcast exclusive live coverage of the 39th annual Eclipse Awards from the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, California on January 18.
Illinois gambling patrons in Illinois will now have the opportunity of placing their bets online, as Gov. Pat Quinn approved a bill Aug. 26 legalizing online wagering on horse racing.
The California Horse Racing Board got a bit of good news March 19 when the president of Hollywood Park assured commissioners that it would run its 2009 fall/winter meet as planned. The board also received an update on bankruptcy developments from Magna Entertainment Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- Solow Extends Group I Win Streak in Sussex
- Contessa Sets Racing Education Clinic Dates
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- Breaking Lucky Surprises in Prince of Wales
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field