Katsumi Yoshida's 4-year-old Gold Dream held off Best Warrior by a neck to win the one-mile, February Stakes (G1) Feb. 19 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Sachiaki Kobayashi's Copano Rickey, upset winner of last year's February Stakes (Jpn-I), became the first horse to capture the race in back-to-back years Feb. 22, this time as the favorite.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Majestic Warrior has made impressive strides this season, second among second-crop sires by earnings, and leading with six individual stakes winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan