Ron Mitchell and Steve Haskin discuss performances from horses at the Dubai World Cup Carnival, prep races for the Kentucky Derby and the Kentucky Oaks, and more.
In his graded stakes debut, Alto Racing's Materiality proved up to the challenge as he scored a victory in the $1 million Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I) on Saturday, March 28 at Gulfstream Park.
J. Keeler Johnson handicaps the Florida Derby (gr. I), Louisiana Derby (gr. II), and Dubai World Cup (UAE-I). read blog
Upstart is tabbed the 8-5 morning-line favorite for the $1 million Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I) March 28 Gulfstream Park. Eight opponents include Itsaknockout, to whom he lost last time out via disqualification.
Pin Oak Stable rides a hot streak with two graded stakes winners this month, a $950,000 sale 2-year-old by sire Broken Vow, and general manager Clifford Barry-bred Florida Derby (gr. I) hopeful Itsaknockout.
Gulfstream Park announced a multi-year partnership in which Lambholm South will become title sponsor of the $400,000 Holy Bull (gr. II), to be run Saturday, Jan. 24.
Claire Novak and Frank Angst analyze two Kentucky Derby prep races this weekend. Watch to see Claire and Frank predict how the Florida Derby and Louisiana Derby fields will unfold. watch video
A historical look at the Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I). view infographic
Online wagering provider Xpressbet is giving two customers the opportunity to place a $10,000 win bet on a horse of their choosing.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm