Gentildonna is from the 2nd crop of 2-time Japanese Horse of the Year Deep Impact, and is the first of his offspring to win a group race at more than a mile.
Aquilegia, a grade II winner and multiple stakes producer, was euthanized March 8 because of complications from foaling at Helen Alexander's Middlebrook Farm near Lexington.
A diverse selection of British breeders, both large and small, are among the winners of the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association Awards released Thursday, Dec. 8.
Bertolini, England's leading freshman sire by progeny earnings, will relocate to Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation, Kildangan Stud, in County Kildare, Ireland, in 2006.
Bertolini, an English group winner who is standing his first season at Overbury Stud in England, will shuttle to Rich Hill Stud in Matamata, New Zealand,
English group winner Bertolini has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Overbury Stud in England. A son of Danzig, Bertolini finished in the top three in 13 of his 23 starts and earned $723,750 in England, France, and Dubai.
Nuclear Debate rallied from off the pace to score a 1 1/4-length triumph over Godolphin Racing's Bertolini in the Victor Chandler Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) at York, England on Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Jones Fillies Drill for Kentucky Oaks
- Positive Forecast for Kentucky Derby, Oaks
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- KY Derby: Zayats & Baffert - American Pharoah
- Blazing Speed Wins QE II Cup in Hong Kong
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work