Gentildonna is from the 2nd crop of 2-time Japanese Horse of the Year Deep Impact, and is the first of his offspring to win a group race at more than a mile.
Aquilegia, a grade II winner and multiple stakes producer, was euthanized March 8 because of complications from foaling at Helen Alexander's Middlebrook Farm near Lexington.
A diverse selection of British breeders, both large and small, are among the winners of the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association Awards released Thursday, Dec. 8.
Bertolini, England's leading freshman sire by progeny earnings, will relocate to Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation, Kildangan Stud, in County Kildare, Ireland, in 2006.
Bertolini, an English group winner who is standing his first season at Overbury Stud in England, will shuttle to Rich Hill Stud in Matamata, New Zealand,
English group winner Bertolini has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Overbury Stud in England. A son of Danzig, Bertolini finished in the top three in 13 of his 23 starts and earned $723,750 in England, France, and Dubai.
Nuclear Debate rallied from off the pace to score a 1 1/4-length triumph over Godolphin Racing's Bertolini in the Victor Chandler Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) at York, England on Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival