For Hall of Fame trainer Jonathan Sheppard, winning the New York Turf Writers Cup (NSA-I) never gets old.
Pierrot Lunaire took a big step toward a possible steeplechase Eclipse Award when he came from off the pace to overtake Divine Fortune in the $250,000 Grand National (NSA-I) at New Jersey's 92nd Far Hills Races Oct. 20.
Marablue Farm's Bon Fleur took the lead with an inside move on the final run down the backstretch and stayed there to win the $100,000 AFLAC U.S. Championship Novice hurdle stakes (NSA-I) at the Callaway Gardens Steeplechase Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel