Game On Dude may have caused his backers a bit of concern when he trailed the field in the San Antonio Stakes (gr. II) after a tardy start, but it all worked out for the 3-10 favorite, who romped to victory at Santa Anita.
Game On Dude, idle since finishing fourth to Drosselmeyer in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) last June, returned to action at Santa Anita Jan. 27 with a sparkling victory as trainer Bob Baffert continued on his torrid pace.
Jet Set Racing Stable's Tomcito, preparing for Saturday's $325,000 Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. II), worked three furlongs out of the gate in :34.60 and galloped out a half-mile in :46.80 with Manfreddy Guzman up Tuesday morning at Keeneland.
Grade I-winning filly Shining Energy will be pre-entered for the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), trainer Julio Canani reported Oct. 18, rather than the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT).
Led by multiple graded stakes winners Buffythecenterfold and Atlantic Ocean, a field of nine 3-year-old fillies go to the gate for Saturday's $250,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Ladies Din, an 8-year-old gelding who has earned nearly $2 million, heads the field for Saturday's $200,000 San Francisco Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT) at Bay Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation