Steeplechase jockey Bernard Dalton sustained a fractured right clavicle following a spill nearly one mile into Monmouth Park's third race June 13, a $30,000 allowance/optional claiming hurdle event.
Pierrot Lunaire, longest shot on the board at 48-1, took the lead over the final jump and held off a furious late charge from Spy in the Sky to win the $150,000 Lonesome Glory steeplechase (NSA-I) Sept. 27 at Belmont Park.
Leading every step for 2 1/2 miles, 21-1 shot Red Letter Day held off the late charge from Dyunaski to score his first stakes victory in the $157,600 Lonesome Glory Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I) Sept. 20 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Hope for Distribution of PA Breeder Awards