Steeplechase jockey Bernard Dalton sustained a fractured right clavicle following a spill nearly one mile into Monmouth Park's third race June 13, a $30,000 allowance/optional claiming hurdle event.
Pierrot Lunaire, longest shot on the board at 48-1, took the lead over the final jump and held off a furious late charge from Spy in the Sky to win the $150,000 Lonesome Glory steeplechase (NSA-I) Sept. 27 at Belmont Park.
Leading every step for 2 1/2 miles, 21-1 shot Red Letter Day held off the late charge from Dyunaski to score his first stakes victory in the $157,600 Lonesome Glory Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I) Sept. 20 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs