Steeplechase jockey Bernard Dalton sustained a fractured right clavicle following a spill nearly one mile into Monmouth Park's third race June 13, a $30,000 allowance/optional claiming hurdle event.
Pierrot Lunaire, longest shot on the board at 48-1, took the lead over the final jump and held off a furious late charge from Spy in the Sky to win the $150,000 Lonesome Glory steeplechase (NSA-I) Sept. 27 at Belmont Park.
Leading every step for 2 1/2 miles, 21-1 shot Red Letter Day held off the late charge from Dyunaski to score his first stakes victory in the $157,600 Lonesome Glory Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I) Sept. 20 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint