Night Visit, dam of 2013 Irish Derby (Ire-I) winner Trading Leather, sold to agent Hubie De Burgh for 975,000 ($1,333,819 in United States funds) to top Goffs February sale on closing day Feb. 13.
Bering, a French classic winner who finished second to Dancing Brave in the 1986 Trusthouse Forte Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, was euthanized Dec. 16 at the Head family's Haras du Quesnay near Normandy, France.
American Post won the French 2,000 Guineas (Fr-I) Sunday at Longchamp, taking advantage of the bad luck suffered by Antonius Pius 75 yards from the finish in a most unusual conclusion.
Prince Khalid Abdulla's 2-year-old American Post, supplemented for Saturday's Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I) for £17,500, delivered in a big way at Doncaster with a 1 3/4-length victory over Fantastic View.
Favorites, led by Truly a Judge in the $150,000 Jewel Final, claimed four of the six division comprising the fourth Claiming Crown Championships Saturday at Philadelphia Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic