Stronach Stables' Hunters Bay, whose three-race win streak was broken when he stepped into grade I company last out, is the moderate 3-1 morning line choice in an oversubscribed edition of the Presque Isle Mile Sept. 7.
Essence Hit Man showed what champions are made of when he staved off the equally determined challenger Eternal Rule through the long Woodbine homestretch to win the $172,801 Bold Venture Stakes (Can-III) July 18.
Essence Hit Man, last year's Canadian champion sprinter, should get a stern test from undefeated Eternal Rule in the $150,000 Bold Venture Stakes (Can-III) on the night of July 18 at Woodbine.
Upgrade earned the first stakes win of his career when he denied Right One a repeat victory in the $150,000 Jaipur Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Belmont Park turf June 8.
Ghislaine Head's Right One, who last raced over Keeneland's Polytrack, returns to grass racing when he takes on seven rivals in the June 8 Jaipur Stakes (gr. IIIT) at seven furlongs at Belmont Park.
Lonesome Street and jockey Joel Rosario took advantage of a hotly contested early pace to rally from last to first for a decisive victory in the $175,000 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland April 14.
Comedero and Right One are the only two graded stakes winners in the $175,000 Commonwealth (gr. II), but the Polytrack form of Bergerac and Plutonium also make them factors in an evenly-matched field of seven April 14.
Tajaaweed may have not had the best trip in the Oct. 8 Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT), where he finished sixth, but the son of Dynaformer looks poised and ready for a rebound in the Nov. 19 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill