Benjamin Hutzel's homebred colt Passion for Action rallied from off the pace in a six-horse field to win the $173,777 Highlander Stakes (Can-IIT) July 3 at Woodbine for his third stakes win in four starts this year.
Stacked Deck and Passion for Action will renew their intriguing and relatively new rivalry June 5 in the $200,000 Connaught Cup (Can-IIT), but the race provides a different aspect.
Already a two-time stakes winner on the Polytrack at Woodbine, filly Brooklynsway will try to pick up a third stakes score over the track Nov. 29 when she faces males for the first time in the $250,000 Coronation Futurity.
Favored Passion for Action, making his stakes debut, kicked clear in the drive for an impressive 3 1/4-length win in the $223,966 Cup and Saucer Stakes for 2-year-old Canadian-breds on the Woodbine turf Oct. 12.
Nikkis Smartypants showed her resiliency when re-breaking in the stretch to draw away for an upset victory in the $150,000 Royal North Stakes (Can-III) on the turf July 28 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap