Rating comfortably in second throughout, Grupo 7C Racing Stable's Grand Tito bounded to the lead off the turn and won the $200,000 Mac Diarmida Stakes (gr. IIT) by 1 1/4 lengths March 5 at Gulfstream Park.
Upset-minded Balance of Power wore down Pants On Fire and won the $148,500 Philip H. Iselin Stakes (gr. III) with a smart last-to-first rally Aug. 17 at Monmouth Park.
Grupo 7C Racing Stable's Grand Tito took charge at the three-sixteenths pole and held off Midnight Cello and Csaba to win the $100,000 Miami Mile Handicap April 19 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Three-time grade I winner and 2009 champion 3-year-old male Summer Bird had his first confirmed in-foal mare since entering his initial season at stud at Mr. & Mrs. Ben P. Walden Jr.'s Pauls Mill Farm in Versailles.
Shining like a copper penny, Summer Bird officially moved into the last open stall in Paul Mill's stud barn.
A four-man partnership headed by Ben P. Walden Jr. is turning historic Hurricane Hall near Georgetown, Ky., into a major training and stallion operation.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Three Stakes Highlight Los Alamitos Summer Meet
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017