Upset-minded Balance of Power wore down Pants On Fire and won the $148,500 Philip H. Iselin Stakes (gr. III) with a smart last-to-first rally Aug. 17 at Monmouth Park.
Grupo 7C Racing Stable's Grand Tito took charge at the three-sixteenths pole and held off Midnight Cello and Csaba to win the $100,000 Miami Mile Handicap April 19 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Three-time grade I winner and 2009 champion 3-year-old male Summer Bird had his first confirmed in-foal mare since entering his initial season at stud at Mr. & Mrs. Ben P. Walden Jr.'s Pauls Mill Farm in Versailles.
Shining like a copper penny, Summer Bird officially moved into the last open stall in Paul Mill's stud barn.
A four-man partnership headed by Ben P. Walden Jr. is turning historic Hurricane Hall near Georgetown, Ky., into a major training and stallion operation.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve