The connections of two-time champion Royal Delta have announced that the 5-year-old daughter of Empire Maker has been retired and will be bred to Galileo.
After a powerful victory in the Aug. 25 Personal Ensign (gr. I) at Saratoga, Royal Delta will prepare for $400,000 Beldame Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 28 at Belmont Park.
Looking more powerful than ever, two-time champion Royal Delta tuned up for a possible return trip to the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) with an easy five-length victory in the $98,000 Sabin Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 17 at Gulfstream.
Benjamin Leon Jr. is ready for his international adventure with Royal Delta. The 4-year-old daughter of Empire Maker is scheduled to run in the 17th edition of the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) March 31.
Royal Delta, the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) winner and likely champion 3-year-old female, had her first official work of the year Jan. 10 at Payson Park Training Center in Florida.
Likely Eclipse Award winner Royal Delta (by Empire Maker) was purchased by Ben Leon's Besilu Stables for $8.5 million at the Nov. 8 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
The gross fell 38.3% during the select yearling auction, which had enjoyed upswings in 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- LTBA Announces 2013 Champions
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel