Total on-track handle at the New York Racing Association's three tracks rose 2% to $374,387,425 in 2014, the second-highest such total over the past six years, NYRA announced March 27.
A New York-themed group of entertainers are scheduled to perform Belmont Stakes Day, June 7, at Belmont Park.
Walter Downey's Fabulous Strike survived lightning-fast fractions to take the True North Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park Saturday over Benny the Bull.
Belmont Day at New York City Off-Track Betting facilities set a record for the highest Belmont Day handle in the corporation's 32-year history. NYCOTB patrons wagered $8,456,289.
Tracks around the country are celebrating Belmont Stakes Day
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus