Total on-track handle at the New York Racing Association's three tracks rose 2% to $374,387,425 in 2014, the second-highest such total over the past six years, NYRA announced March 27.
A New York-themed group of entertainers are scheduled to perform Belmont Stakes Day, June 7, at Belmont Park.
Walter Downey's Fabulous Strike survived lightning-fast fractions to take the True North Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park Saturday over Benny the Bull.
Belmont Day at New York City Off-Track Betting facilities set a record for the highest Belmont Day handle in the corporation's 32-year history. NYCOTB patrons wagered $8,456,289.
Tracks around the country are celebrating Belmont Stakes Day
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines