Total on-track handle at the New York Racing Association's three tracks rose 2% to $374,387,425 in 2014, the second-highest such total over the past six years, NYRA announced March 27.
A New York-themed group of entertainers are scheduled to perform Belmont Stakes Day, June 7, at Belmont Park.
Walter Downey's Fabulous Strike survived lightning-fast fractions to take the True North Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park Saturday over Benny the Bull.
Belmont Day at New York City Off-Track Betting facilities set a record for the highest Belmont Day handle in the corporation's 32-year history. NYCOTB patrons wagered $8,456,289.
Tracks around the country are celebrating Belmont Stakes Day
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Rood & Riddle to Sponsor Breeders' Cup Draw
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism