Drosselmeyer wins the Belmont giving trainer Bill Mott his first classic victory.
Last year's Met Mile winner rallies to win the six-furlong grade II race on the Belmont Stakes undercard in 1:09.63.
There are easier spots than the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), but trainer Steve Margolis feels his 3-year-old colt Stay Put is in the right one for the 1 1/2-mile classic June 5.
It pays for a rider know all he can about Belmont's unique, but often notorious turns.
First Dude will have to break sharply and be aggressive early breaking from post 11.
So, whose pedigrees are most geared for the mile and a half of the Belmont Stakes?
Kiaran McLaughlin will saddle Uptowncharlybrown for the first time in the June 5 Belmont Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture