Drosselmeyer wins the Belmont giving trainer Bill Mott his first classic victory.
Last year's Met Mile winner rallies to win the six-furlong grade II race on the Belmont Stakes undercard in 1:09.63.
There are easier spots than the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), but trainer Steve Margolis feels his 3-year-old colt Stay Put is in the right one for the 1 1/2-mile classic June 5.
It pays for a rider know all he can about Belmont's unique, but often notorious turns.
First Dude will have to break sharply and be aggressive early breaking from post 11.
So, whose pedigrees are most geared for the mile and a half of the Belmont Stakes?
Kiaran McLaughlin will saddle Uptowncharlybrown for the first time in the June 5 Belmont Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt