Drosselmeyer wins the Belmont giving trainer Bill Mott his first classic victory.
Last year's Met Mile winner rallies to win the six-furlong grade II race on the Belmont Stakes undercard in 1:09.63.
There are easier spots than the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), but trainer Steve Margolis feels his 3-year-old colt Stay Put is in the right one for the 1 1/2-mile classic June 5.
It pays for a rider know all he can about Belmont's unique, but often notorious turns.
First Dude will have to break sharply and be aggressive early breaking from post 11.
So, whose pedigrees are most geared for the mile and a half of the Belmont Stakes?
Kiaran McLaughlin will saddle Uptowncharlybrown for the first time in the June 5 Belmont Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- Highland Reel Refuses to Yield at Royal Ascot