The rail was dead earlier on the July 9 card at Belmont Park, but that didn't stop jockey Joe Bravo from taking the inside path to victory aboard A. P. Indian in the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. III).
Private Zone aced the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship (gr. III) July 4 at Belmont Park, sprinting gate to wire in an easy 3 1/4-length triumph.
Grade I winners The Big Beast and Private Zone will face off in the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Belmont Park.
Evan Hammonds recaps the Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes, won by Clearly Now in track record time, as well as the Suburban Stakes and Los Alamitos Derby. watch video
Clearly Now returned to the winner's circle in blazing fashion July 5, setting a track record for seven furlongs when taking home the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. II) by open lengths at Belmont Park.
Former $20,000 claimer faces the likes of Dads Caps, Salutos Amigos, Central Banker, Declan's Warrior, and Clearly Now in a seven-furlong sprint July 5 in New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes