The rail was dead earlier on the July 9 card at Belmont Park, but that didn't stop jockey Joe Bravo from taking the inside path to victory aboard A. P. Indian in the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. III).
Private Zone aced the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship (gr. III) July 4 at Belmont Park, sprinting gate to wire in an easy 3 1/4-length triumph.
Grade I winners The Big Beast and Private Zone will face off in the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Belmont Park.
Evan Hammonds recaps the Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes, won by Clearly Now in track record time, as well as the Suburban Stakes and Los Alamitos Derby. watch video
Clearly Now returned to the winner's circle in blazing fashion July 5, setting a track record for seven furlongs when taking home the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. II) by open lengths at Belmont Park.
Former $20,000 claimer faces the likes of Dads Caps, Salutos Amigos, Central Banker, Declan's Warrior, and Clearly Now in a seven-furlong sprint July 5 in New York.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis