Recent group I winner Amanpour sold May 29 for $1.5 million (US$1,148,277), the highest price at the final select portion of the Magic Million National broodmare sale
A Fastnet Rock colt sold for $450,000 ($417,635 in United States funds) May 4, the top price at the select weanling session on day one of the Inglis Australian broodmare and weanling sale.
A Blackfriars half-brother to group I winner Scenic Shot topped the third session of the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale Jan. 29 in Australia, bringing Aust$180,000 ($161,750 in U.S. funds).
The select portion of the Magic Millions national weanling sale ended its three-day run on Australia's Gold Coast Thursday with a record gross of Aust$19,581,750 and a record average price of Aust$46,846 for the 416 horses sold.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes