The Stronach Group has officially acquired the racing and gaming assets of MI Developments, a company once headed by Frank Stronach.
Former Magna Entertainment Corp. executive Graham Orr has won a $1.6-million judgment against his former employer in a wrongful dismissal case, according to a published report.
Belinda Stronach, daughter of Magna International owner Frank Stronach, won the Conservative Party nomination in Canada March 9 over Lois Brown, a long-time Canadian Alliance worker.
Thoroughbred horse owner-breeder Frank Stronach could reassume his role as chief executive officer of auto-parts manufacturer Magna International if his daughter Belinda is elected to public office in Canada.
Former President Bill Clinton, among those packed into Pimlico's Turf Club on Preakness Day, predicted New York-bred Funny Cide, winner of the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), would also win the Visa Triple Crown's second jewel.
Magna International chairman Frank Stronach earned $58.1 million (Canadian) last year, most of it from consulting fees from three European subsidiaries, according to newspaper reports in Canada.
Belinda Stronach, the 34-year-old daughter of Magna International chairman Frank Stronach, has been named chief executive officer and vice chairwoman of the company. Magna International reported a 6% decline in fourth-quarter earnings from the year-earlier period. Revenue climbed 6%.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- Bernardini Filly Shows Maturity in OBS Breeze
- 123Gaming Granted ADW License in Washington
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Brother to Eight Belles Gets Tesio Class Test
- Deceptive Vision Wins Doubledogdare